Overseas Education has always been looked up as a costly affair. Australia has emerged with a solution to this problem by providing a high standard of quality education at affordable rates. Australia provides excellent living conditions and a tolerant multicultural society. The Australian Higher Education Institutions rank amongst the world’s best and the quality of the education that they offer is equally high.
The Higher Education in Australia provides value for money by offering shorter and more intensive courses. The Australian Education is more practical and responsive to the needs of the present day market because it incorporates the latest innovations in all fields whether it is science or marketing or management.
Australia seems to be high on the list for many reasons:
- Indians with 12 + 3 are acceptable for the Masters degree.
- Masters course is available for the duration of 1, 1.5 and 2 years.
- Australian Education is accepted throughout the globe.
- Visa processing is quite simple and less tedious.
- As of now over 6, 00,000 students of Indian Origin are studying there.
- High Standard of education in international terms, good research facilities available with state of the art equipment.
- Australian universities are members of an International Academic community and academic staff is frequently recruited on an international basis.
- Australian academics and graduates are keenly recruited into institutions overseas, indicating a measure of Quality Education.
- ESOS Act is put into effect to protect the interest of overseas students.
- Safe country with pleasant climate and a stable democracy.
In Australia every course offered in a university has CRICOS Code which is given by Australian Government reflecting that the education system is fully controlled by the Government in Australia. There is no formal ranking of universities. Thus students from all around the world have long made Australia their education destination.
The Indian and Australian education systems are very similar in structure, i.e. 10+2+3.
The VET & TAFE’S:
Vocational education and training (VET) gives students practical skills for their careers. The VET sector is divided into two sections: a nationally recognized government system of Technical and Further Education (TAFE); and private providers. TAFE is the largest provider of tertiary education courses in Australia. The awards in VET sector are: certificates, advanced certificates, associate diplomas and diplomas. Studying at TAFE level is also a way of gaining entry – termed a pathway – to Australia’s universities.
Most TAFE institutes have arrangements with specific universities, enabling students to gain credit for a portion of their study undertaken at TAFE. The VET courses include computing, design, pilot training, business management, hospitality and tourism and many other courses.
There are 37 public universities and two private universities in Australia which offer both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. University study can lead to the following awards: Undergraduate – Bachelor Degrees, Bachelor Degrees (with Honors’), Undergraduate Diplomas, Associate Diplomas; Postgraduate – Doctoral Degrees, Masters Degrees, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score is preferred by many Australian Institutions as English proficiency.
- Statement of Purpose
- Mark sheets and Passing Certificates from 10th onwards
- Two reference letters from colleges / employers
- Passport copy
- Birth Certificate
- IELTS score sheet
Documents for visa:
The Documents required for Visa has to be in 5 sets
- Personal Details forms & Information
- All Academics – Originals
- All Financial Documents – Originals
- All Academic Documents – Notary Attested
- All financial documents – Notary Attested
Streamlined visa Processing:
This visa is designed for international students applying to study in Australia at a participating university.
Streamlined visa processing means these applicants are treated as though they are at a lower migration risk (similar to the current Assessment Level 1) regardless of their country of origin.
Who is this visa for?
This visa is for you if you want to do one of the following:
- Apply for your first student visa
- Apply for subsequent student visa
- Apply to join a family member who is in Australia on a student visa.
Your main course of study is one of the following:
- Bachelor degree
- Masters by coursework.
If you intend to undertake another course of study ahead of your main course of study, such as an enabling course, you may also be eligible for streamlined visa processing.
If you are applying in Australia for this visa, you must either be the current holder of a qualifying visa or have held a certain visa no more than 28 days prior to lodging your application.
How much will this visa cost?
You must pay a non-refundable visa application charge when you lodge your visa application.
What does the visa let me do?
With this visa:
- You can study in Australia
- Eligible dependent family members can accompany you to Australia
- You can work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks
- Your family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia. If you are doing a postgraduate course, such as a Masters by coursework degree, your family members can work unlimited hours once you commence this course.
- Your partner can study in Australia for up to three months.
Note: If your partner wants to study for more than three months they must apply for their own student visa. The application can be made in Australia.
Post Work Scheme:
- Certain graduates of an Australian Bachelor degree, Masters by coursework degree, Masters by research degree or Doctoral degree will have access to the post-study work visa.
- To be eligible for the post-study work visa, students must have completed their studies in Australia while on a student visa.
- In the last six months before applying for the visa, the applicant must have completed a Bachelor degree (or a higher level course such as a Masters or Doctoral degree) obtained in Australia.
- English language, health, character and security requirements should meet and evidence of adequate health insurance for the duration of the visa has to be provided.
- The English language requirement will be competent English, which is a minimum score of 6 in each of the four components of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the equivalent score in another English language test that may be specified by the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship in regards to this visa.
- Graduates who have completed a Bachelor degree or Masters by coursework degree in Australia will be eligible to apply for a two year post-study work visa.
- Graduates who have completed a Masters by research degree or a Doctoral degree in Australia will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa for three or four years respectively.
For more info, call us on +91-9898794190 / +91-9737040095